April Showers


An afternoon to play .......



and what better than a journal page using my watercolours which my husband is always urging me to use!


I am a great fan of Kassa (Delight in the Detail) and her use of watercolours so I fished out my brightest set - the Kohinors (which are looking pretty grotty) - and tried some April Showers splotching and dripping!



I added a little ink blending and quite a bit of stamping before I felt happy with it as a background. For a neutrals girl this is pretty colourful for me!



I had this Indigo Blu quote in mind which I always think is just written for Shetland! .....



.... and decided to give the girls colourful dresses!


And the reason I was playing was due to the April Showers!

April Showers is the current challenge theme at Frilly and Funkie and Watercolours the twist at Mixed Media World so a great opportunity for me to enter my journal page into both of the challenges. 

Thank you for joining me and I hope you having a lovely holiday weekend.

Jennie x




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Joan said…
Beautiful pages Avril and as for that quote, could have done with some of my own sunshine on this wet,cold rainy Easter Sunday!


Brenda Brown said…
Beautiful use of the watercolours and a gorgeous background and finished journal page. The colours definitely suit your style xxx
What a gorgeous page - the splattery raindrops and the tinted paper dolls show it was well worth getting the watercolours out - just lovely.
Alison x
Marci said…
Love your stamping on this page, the watercolors, too. And texture paste through a TH stencil? It is a beautiful page.
Corrie Herriman said…
So beautiful !
Corrie x
SewPaperPaint said…
Such a gorgeous page with so many amazing details in my favorite style, the bundle! :) Hugs, Autumn
Unknown said…
Love your watercolor piece - you have captured rain and sunshine with the colors you used! Thank you for sharing this with us at Mixed Media World!
Suzanne C said…
Fantastic page! I love love the background and the perfect sentiment for the challenge! Thank you for playing along in the April Showers challenge at Frilly and Funkie!
A Pink said…
Fabulous! Jennie . Love the colours and a great design layout with lovely detail.
x
Ruth said…
Bright and breezy, just beautiful! xx
Nancy Dynes said…
Hi, Jenny!
What a beautiful page! I love every little detail and the color palette is absolutely lovely. Sorry to be so late in visiting. Somehow life ganged up on me and I'm just realizing how much I missed out on. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy